When they look back, how many sets of footsteps are there?




When they look back, how many sets of footprints are there? Create with them today... ...Step-by-step

Thursday 20 October 2011

Cotton Elastic and Nylon Elastic

Plastic beads are easy to make cause the string holes are very big and clean. 6-7 years old can do it well:) For the cotton elastic string, I normally burn to melt so it will not fray. They are very lasting (tested by nat and myself over the years) though thicker and a bit more difficult to string.

Many people use the elastic plastic string as it does not fray and easy to mange for little hands. The downside is they tend to snap easily. And also after some time, they will harden and snap when pull. (we all experience this before, isn't it:) beads all over the floor!!!)

So both kind of strings has their pros and cons depending on needs.  I used to buy them at an store and charge the same price for my customers. But now I can offer my customers very good price at one roll of elastic nylon string is S$0.60 and 1 packet of cotton elastic string (25 metres in each pack) is S$2.80. 

Wood beads are tougher cause the holes are smaller and also paints tend to clog the holes. So normally I have to sit with nat (my daughter) and clear the holes for her! But the results are worth it cause the finished product is so beautiful!!!

You know what? In the end, I just get both kind and see what I need:) I make sure I have everything!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment